Welcome to the first Thumbs Nails of the Month for 2017! And what a sparkly post it will be. To be honest this nail look would have been perfect for New Years Eve. Grr why did I not think of that one before. Tough! I am a firm believer to wear whatever you want, when you want!
For this nail look I used the following:
Essie First Base Coat
Miss Sporty 556 a purple color
OPI’s In True Stefani Fashion
I started with a layer of the Essie First Base Coat followed by 2 layers of the purple polish. Boy did I struggle with applying this polish. It really went on gloopy and thank god that result was covered up by the OPI polish. This is the first glitter polish that I ever tried which went on easily. Impressive claim no?
Overall I must say I love the outcome of this look. So if you like this look give it a try. And if you enjoyed these types of posts please like or subscribe.
Until next post friends!
Hi everybody, dear readers and loyal subbies,
Its May! and the beginning of the month, so its time for Thumbs nails of the month. For this month I opted for a cheap polish from the brand Miss Sporty in color 5105. This polish claims to last up to 10 days and has a maxi brush to coat your nails. I used two coats to do my and topped it of with my favorite Sally Hansen Gel Top coat.
Thumbs up for the following:
- Lovely Vintage pin up red
- Nice brush and application
Thumbs down for the following:
- Minimal chipping after one day. Therefor thinking that this polish will not last 10 days on my nails.
I hope you all liked this post. For my last post click here and as always please feel free to leave a comment. Just a quick question to all people who suffer from eczema any tips? My hands are killing me at the moment. Grr def going to be a un-favorite for the month of May.
For Thumbs Nails of the Week I opted for a Miss Sporty polish, in color 550. A rosey/mauvey like color. I purchased this particular polish a couple of weeks ago and thought it was time to write about this polish. If you want to read about the other polishes I got, click here. Unfortunately in this time and space I somehow lost the polish and could not insert more photo’s. I would say its a gift misplacing things.
So lets get to my thoughts and opinion:
I really like the color. Its a beautiful rosey /mauvey color. Right up my alley. Also I like the wide brush tip. As I have some experience with these polishes I had to use 3 layers of polish to make it nice and opaque.
How do you like this look on my nails?
Please share any thoughts you have on the Miss Sporty polishes or leave a comment. Until the next post.
Welcome back dear readers and loyal subbies,
Today I am back with another haul for nails. The star of today’s post is Miss Sporty. I believe this brand is from the UK, but do correct me if I am wrong! This nail polish is very nostalgic to me because this is one of the first nail polishes I used when I was about 11. I used to be in love with this pearly color.
This brand is so affordable and the most expensive polish was €2.49. Because it is fall/ and soon to be winter I wanted some fall colors and I was a little curious how these would perform after so many years of not using these polishes.
In total I purchased six polishes and one base coat. A peel off base coat to be very specific. But enough written,let me tell you which polishes I purchased. I will write these polishes down from left to right.
- Miss Sporty Lasting Color Nail Polish in 550 Don’t brick my dream €2.49. Now this is a lovely rosey color, a mix between pink and red.
- Miss Sporty Lasting Color Nail Polish in 035 €2.49 This is a nice purple color. Its not really a very dark purple but a middle purple. Very appropriate for winter time.
- Miss Sporty Lasting Color Nail Polish Gel Shine in 556 €1.99. Aaa the love affair continues with the nude colors. This is a taupe leaning more to brown color. I don’t believe I have a color like this in my collection. But I might be wrong.
- Miss Sporty Lasting Color Nail Polish in 151 Red €2.49 This red is a darker toned red than the next polish. However this does remind me of Tanya Burrs red polish in Riding Hood.
- Miss Sporty Lasting Color Nail Polish in 150 Red €2.49 This red is a blue toned red very Christmassy!
- Miss Sporty Lasting Color Nail Polish in 80 Black €2.49. I cannot give any other specs on it than its black
- Miss Sporty Peel off base coat€ €2.49.
I hope you all liked this blogpost and feel free to leave a comment. For last Thumbs nails of the week click here. And if you like post like these, please like, or subscribe to Thumbelinaslifestyle.com or follow me on Bloglovin. Until the next post and I hope to share my thoughts on these polishes very soon on Thumbs nails of the week.